Closing date for applications: 16th April 2021
We have an exciting new opportunity for a Packaging Technologist to support our Research and Development Team.
The role will report in to our Development Manager and will be responsible for the effective development of new and existing Packaging materials within the business.
Key activities will include:
- Execution of packaging development projects to the required timescales.
- Liaise with key departments to identify, plan, develop and source packaging materials from the approved supply base.
- Ensure fit for purpose solutions that are cost effective, right quality, delivering brand values and operational efficiencies.
- Maintain a strong network with existing suppliers as well as working with Procurement to develop new Supplier relationships.
- Coordinate trials with suppliers and internal stakeholders.
- Work with marketing and product managers and suppliers to ensure brand values are delivered through packaging design and format.
The ideal candidate will have or possess:
- Practical experience and understanding of a broad range of packaging materials, processes and manufacturing methods.
- A qualification in packaging (or equivalent), or HND/HNC in engineering with packing line experience, or a Science related degree is desirable but not essential.
- Relevant experience of working with retail branded products and interface with the major retail customers.
- Good understanding of program/project management with the ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively.
- Strong communication skills across all levels as well as a natural affinity for problem solving and creativity.
- Good understanding of the business environment and supply chain, preferably within a face paced manufacturing environment.
- A self-start, who can work independently within a team environment.
- Proficient IT skills in all applications
A copy of the full job description for this position is available from upon request.
Applications should be made by submitting a CV to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: Friday 16th April 2021