Business Development Manager
Closing date for applications: 6th October 2023
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Development Manager to join our business. This role will report in to our B2B Controller and will be responsible for managing and developing profitable business within our National Key Wholesalers and “end user” account base.
Key responsibilities include:
- To execute and lead strategic objectives for all key accounts through an Account Plan and/or JBP where appropriate.
- Provide support to all customers and their customers in the form of:
- Product and pricing information including the agreement of CPI’s when necessary.
- Product development opportunities.
- Value engineering and process improvement
- Assist and facilitate trials and product launches.
- Day to day support on all process and technical/application issues
- Meet with all accounts on a regular basis to understand performance, unlock opportunities and offer solutions.
- Work with the NPD team and via the innovation process to ensure these ideas are developed in a timely manner.
- Represent the Business with external stakeholders to ensure all projects meet the requirements of the end customer/consumer.
- Represent the Business in relevant external forums and stakeholder groups to support the continuing funnel of ideas.
- Develop appropriate monitoring and control processes to ensure plan adherence; modifying in light of changing circumstances.
- Report performance/progress to the B2B Controller and wider business on a regular basis through the Sales and Marketing Meeting.
- Use available data to accurately forecast sales and set appropriate performance goals.
- Be a “Company Champion” to all relevant stakeholders.
- Any other reasonable duties as directed by the B2B Controller
- A can-do attitude and an ability to accept all projects will not succeed; learn from those that don’t and move forward.
- A proven self-starter with the ability to create their own opportunities.
- Comfortable with ambiguity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present plans and results to staff members at every level of the organisation.
- Minimum five years’ experience in a commercial role, ideally from within the UK Bakery market in both UK Grocery Retail and B2B, with demonstrated ability to meet or exceed targets. In addition, good contacts and relationships with key customers within the industry up to senior level.
- Proven analytical skills, able to take multiple data points and draw appropriate conclusions and associated actions.
- Ability to work well in cross functional teams, ensuring a balanced outcome whilst advancing the chosen project in these cross functional groups.
- Ability to create and maintain positive relationships with current and prospective clients/stakeholders
- Demonstrated skill in negotiating and closing on crucial commercial contracts.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure environment.
- An individual who is focussed on continuous improvement and learning.
- Ability to network both internally and externally.
If you wish to apply for the position please email email@example.com for a copy of the full job description and to register your interest/submit your CV.
Closing date for applications is 6th October 2023.